The Kleeman Report

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Best Songs of 2016 - Top 5


2016 will go down as one of the most...interesting years in quite sometime.  I think that's safe to say right!?  So while I round up some facts for my next blog (coming in a few days, I swear!) about why 2016 wasn't completely horrible, I got a message from my buddy Ras last night.  This is Ras!














Ras: Top songs of 2016?
Jeff: Blog idea?
Ras: Of sorts.

And then it begun.  Compiling the top 5 songs we each liked in 2016.  It was a very tough list, for multiple reasons.  We are both avid music loves, Ras more so than me.  In the past year we have discovered hundreds of songs, but most didn't even come out in 2016.  Also, there is a lot of really good music!  A ton.  So it was hard to whittle it down.  But we did it.

So why wait any longer, let's get started, first up, is Ras's list.

5.  Blacklite District - We Are the Danger


4.  Bleeker - Highway


3.  Thrice - Black Honey


2.  Red Sun Rising - Emotionless


1.  Highly Suspect - My Name Is Human


That list is fantastic.  I'll admit, my favorite out of those 5 is Bleeker, but you should give all of them a listen, great songs all around.  Ras, thank you as always, here are some words to live by, by Ras himself.


My top 5?  Well....

5.  M83 - Go!



4.  Rae Sremmurd - Black Beatles



3.  Anderson .Paak - Am I Wrong?



2.  Miike Snow - Genghis Khan



1.  The Weeknd Ft. Daft Punk - Star Boy


And there you have it!  Feel free to add your own here if you wish.  By the end of the week, as previously stated, there will be a "Why 2016 wasn't so bad" article, and if you're lucky, you may even get the newest NES one by tomorrow morning with the release of Super Mario Run!

As always, thank you for reading.

Jeff Kleeman

PS With Alan Thicke passing yesterday, listen to this timeless song!


No comments:

Post a Comment